Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Final Rating: Bfree

Well I'm sad to say that my time at Bfree is over for now. I had a great experience there each time I went. The atmosphere is very welcoming for yogis of all levels and there was a great variety of clientele. As I've explained before the studio is only a couple of months old and that makes me even more impressed with Shelby, the new owner. She is constantly meeting members, hosting interesting guests and supporting her staff. The changes she has made even since I began are fantastic; just recently she has decided to go "free" in another way by integrating all green products, energy efficient lighting, and more.

My classes have been a mixed variety at Bfree, which I personally liked but others who are new may find slightly frustrating. Since there are instructors who have come from different backgrounds and teacher training there isn't a ton of consistency between them, however since you never know what to expect with a new instructor it is a lot of fun to try new days and times. I experienced yoga that I never knew existed, with songs, music, unique poses, etc. Therefore, as someone who is using yoga as relaxation, fun and exercise it was great. Because there are so many teachers they have a great schedule. Anytime I wanted to go to yoga I was able to find a class to fit in. This is very nice because I generally don't know until that day or the day before when I'll be free.

Overall, I liked the instructors and the classes. I have to say before coming to Bfree I never really needed a towel during class and I definitely did multiple times over the past month. My favorite instructor was definitely Iva, I really liked her flow, cadence and instruction, I would recommend her class to any of you who are going to try out Bfree. I also loved G'Nell, she was one of my last classes. I had missed her at BBY, but was able to fit her class in at Bfree...she rocks! I was actually SORE the day after her class which is a huge rarity and she was able to talk me through eka-pada kundinyasana pose for the first time ever and now I can do it. She really, really knows her stuff and you can tell she is completely comfortable teaching and enjoys every minute of it. Final note: they do lavender towels on your face after classes which I love.

The facility at Bfree I really liked. Since some of the instructors that I wanted to try were during the work day I was really happy that they had two showers equipped with soap and shampoo. In addition, sorry guys, but Shelby puts out free lady products in the bathroom, I know this is silly but it's such an easy way to make someone's day :) She had the place re-tiled as well.  The instruction rooms are very roomy, and not because no one came to classes. The ceiling is very high so even when it was packed it wasn't overwhelming. In addition, there is a LOT of parking in the garage behind the studio as well as a huge blackboard that gives you information on upcoming events, classes and changes.

There are free mats to use and small hand towels. Shelby has water bottles available for $1.00 that you can purchase when you come in. Everything about Bfree is open and inviting...if you want to check it out for yourself they are having the Bfree Yoga Festival this Saturday April 30th with all day FREE yoga!

Ratings:
Classes: 4/5
Facility: 4.5/5
Overall: 4.25/5

The more carefree, relaxed feel of the studio was a real draw to me! Feel free to leave any comments or thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment